October 23, 2018 | Stories by Gracepoint Church
On October 5, 2018, twelve individuals went to Guatemala to build a well to bring clean water to the people of San Ricardo. They came back as a team.
It's hard to put into words the feelings and emotions that welled up inside of me. God gave us the privilege to be welcomed and work along side the people of San Ricardo. We as a team were humbled by the experience to be able to contribute our time and energy in helping these wonderful people. At first I felt bad for the community they have so little but God opened my eyes to see they use what they do have and make it work. Our team witnessed Gods protection throughout our time in Guatemala. I personally am so thankful for His grace in providing me the opportunity to go, all of the prayers and support, and His extra measure of energy to participate in the work and activities.- Dale
I saw God work through our team while on our trip to Guatemala by the instant bond he formed within us. We were a group of mostly people who did not know each other, and after talking together we realized that we all had the same story....we all felt like God called us on this trip, And through that we bonded immediately. I saw God in the people of Guatemala, by their smiles and gratefulness. These were families that had nothing and yet they brought us coconut water, mandarin oranges, and plantains. - Michelle
Originally, our team was a bunch of people who didn't know each other well, or even at all. But God wove us into a cohesive unit as we served together in Guatemala. Together by God's grace, we were able to:
- Dig a 120 foot well, providing clean water to 600+ people whose former water source was contaminated with E. Coli.
- Teach 3 hygiene classes per day, to younger children, older children, and then adults. It was amazing to watch them participate!
- Teach a Bible lesson each day to each class. Skits and crafts were a big hit!
- Give a Bible to each adult who stood in a long line in order to receive one.
- Work with, learn from, befriend, play with, entertain, encourage in Christ, and share life with our Guatemalan community in San Ricardo!
Heartfelt gratefulness to our church for supporting. praying , and sending us!!!! - Leasa